Friday, April 4, 2014

Where Have I Been?

Just pretty. No relation to text.
Seriously, it's a good question.

Well, for the past month, I've mostly been sick with headaches. You can read more about that at 4 Broads. I am thrilled to say that I have been headache free for five straight days, which I think means the cycle is broken, and I'm on the road back to health. Goddess-willing.

I've also been writing a lot about breastfeeding, and one of those articles is going to be published in Bitch magazine - yippee - as soon as I finish writing it.

I've been editing lots of work for other people. If you need help with editing, or know someone who does, please contact me. I love editing other people's writing. It gives me some kind of sick satisfaction. So much easier than creating my own work.

But yes, I'm still creating my own work. I'm finishing up my first novel. For real this time. I'm working on poems and essays, and even a 10 minute play.

I have a new website in the works too.

So that's a little about me. What are you up to this spring? I'd love to know.

4 comments:

Carol Brill said...

Julie, thanks for reminding me that all writing, not just novel writing counts. Carol

Sue Morgan said...

Bad weather, bad health ... and you're still writing! Impressive and inspirational. Glad to hear you're feeling better. I know your book and all your other writing benefit from your dedication (and the insight that tends to follow.)
Sue

julieack said...

Thanks Sue. I am doing what I can. The real miracle is that I'm not beating myself up (too much) for what I'm not doing! Real progress! Supportive writer friends like you help a lot!

julieack said...

Yes! All writing counts!!!